This may be our last post for a few weeks (even though it's only our second post). We've just learned that our training site outside of Tegucigalpa (the capital, and henceforth Teguz) does not have good internet access, so for the first three weeks or more, you may not hear anything. Don't be alarmed, we'll keep track of our initial impressions and update you as soon as we can!
Please also take note, we've posted our mailing address on the right side of the blog page. We would love letters, postcards or care packages if you have time. We ask that you try and follow a few guidelines when sending us any type of mail to ensure it arrives safely:
1) Date and number your letters or postcards, this way we'll know if we missed one you've sent
2) Don't send anything very valuable, expensive items are subject to taxes and import fees and may get stolen or damaged, or simply not arrive.
3) If asked to declare what a package contains for customs purposes, simply say 'personal items' to minimize taxes and fees.
4) If you do send cheaper items, ship them in padded envelopes as opposed to bulky boxes. Boxes are more suspicious and thus more likely to be searched and seized, preventing your package from arriving.
5) Include in your package a list of items you're sending, this will allow us to know if something has been removed from the package.
Also, to reiterate, if you have a gmail, twitter, or yahoo account, you can sign up to follow our blog and you will automatically get emails when we make an entry. To do this, simply click the "FOLLOW" button on the right hand side of the blog page below the disclaimer and follow the instructions.
Thank you to everyone who has sent us messages and well wishes. We greatly appreciate all your support, confidence and faith in us as we begin this journey!
Adios for now!